1. Oft times, my favorite book is whichever book I’m currently reading. Currently, that would be The Book of Tomorrow, by one of my current favorite authors, Cecilia Ahern. So look here on LitStack for that review within the next few weeks. Ms. Ahern digs so deep into her characters’ psyches, siphoning out every drop of raw emotion. It’s wonderful.
2. Charlotte’s Web, by E.B.White – My most repeatedly-read book. Because she was loving, selfless, caring, and giving.
3. Little Women, by Louisa May Alcott – Second most often read book. Because they were strong and resilient.
4. Bridge to Terabithia, by Katherine Patterson – Because they loved being outdoors, had wild imaginations, and they defied convention.
5. Moon Over Manifest, by Clare Vanderpool – Simply because it’s a wonderful story.
Yeah, you could say I love kidlit.