My 5 favorite books? That is a tough, tough call, for the list would be constantly changing. But since this is my favorite books, and not a list of the books I feel are the most important or the ones that necessarily changed my life, I can hazard a few for this day:
1. The Lord of the Rings – JRR Tolkien (Sorry, these must be taken and considered as a single unit; complain all you want, this is immutable.)
2. Gone With the Wind – Margaret Mitchell
3. Collected Works of Edna St. Vincent Millay
4. Under Heaven – Guy Gavriel Kay
5. The next book I’m going to read (seriously, I love, love, LOVE reading new books – ones that come with a recommendation and those that I simply come across) because one never, ever knows what may be discovered between the pages of something new and full of potential.