Today, the Man Booker Prize announced the six books that have been narrowed down to form the shortlist for their prestigious award. The prize, which launched in 1969, aims to promote the finest in fiction by rewarding the best novel of the year written in English and published in the United Kingdom.
The 2016 shortlist includes:
- The Sellout by Paul Beatty (US)
- Hot Milk by Deborah Levy (UK)
- His Bloody Project by Graeme Macrae Burnet (UK)
- Eileen by Ottessa Moshfegh (US)
- All That Man Is by David Szalay (Canada-UK)
- Do Not Say We Have Nothing by Madeleine Thien (Canada)
The winner will be announced on October 25, 2016, at a gala held in London. To read more about the prize, the process, and the works on this shortlist, here’s the link to the Man Booker Prize website.
Congratulations to all the nominees!