- The Betrayers by David Bezmozgis
- Tell by Frances Itani
- Us Conductors by Sean Michaels
- The Girl Who Was Saturday Night by Heather O’Neill
- All My Puny Sorrows by Miriam Toews
- The Ever After of Ashwin Rao by Padma Viswanathan
The Scotiabank Giller Prize, at $100,000 for the winner and $10,000 for the remaining finalists, is the most lucrative literary prize in Canada. Founded by Jack Rabinovitch in 1994 to honor his late wife, literary editor Doris Giller, the juried prize is given to a Canadian author of a novel or short story collection published in English (including translation) the previous year.
The winner will be announced on November 10, 2014 at a gala ceremony that will be broadcast on Canadian television.
Congratulations to all the nominees!