- FRANK FRAZETTA – Painter of larger-than-life fantasy and adventure heroes from Buck Rogers to Tarzan.
- HAYAO MIYAZAKI – Internationally acclaimed animator and creator of numerous fantastic worlds.
- LEIGH BRACKETT – Author and screenwriter who mastered stories of planetary romance from 1940s pulps to Star Wars.
- OLAF STAPLEDON – Pioneering science fiction writer who looked billions of years in the future.
- STANLEY KUBRICK – Influenced science fiction filmmaking forever with 2001: A Space Odyssey.
The Hall of Fame, housed since 2004 in the EMP Museum in Seattle, Washington, was originally founded in 1996 at the Gunn Center for the Study of Science Fiction at the University of Kansas. While Hall of Fame nominations come from EMP members, the final inductees are chosen by a panel of award-winning science fiction and fantasy authors, artists, editors, publishers, and film professionals, and reflect luminaries in the fields of art, literature and the media (including television and films).
Read more about the Science Fiction and Fantasy Hall of Fame, and the most recent inductees, at the Hall of Fame’s webpage.