For those procrastinators out there who are now racking their brains to come up with a good gift idea for those last few folks on your list, we here at LitStack have a few suggestions for you. We’ve compiled a short list of some great books that would make wonderful gifts for the readers on your list, whether they be casual or hardcore readers.
Follow the hyperlinks to learn more about each title – and don’t forget, it’s okay to treat yourself, as well!
- For those who love literary fiction: The Pink Suit by Nicole Mary Kelby, and A Tale for the Time Being by Ruth Ozeki (because we couldn’t pick just one!)
- For those who love historical fiction: Life After Life by Kate Atkinson
- For those who love science fiction: Ancillary Justice (and follow up Ancillary Sword) by Ann Leckie
- For those who love speculative fiction: Lock In by John Scalzi
- For those who love epic fantasy fiction: The Mirror Empire by Kameron Hurley
- For those who love mysteries and detective fiction: The Silkworm by Robert Galbraith
- For those who would rather read horror/macabre tales: Maplecroft by Cherie Priest
- For those who love YA fiction (regardless of age): Everything I Never Told You by Celeste Ng
- For those who prefer short stories/anthologies: Dangerous Women, edited by George R. R. Martin and Gardner Dozois
- For those looking for a fun kid’s book: The Book With No Pictures by B. J. Novak
- For those who love memoir and biography: Not My Father’s Son by Alan Cumming
- For those who love reading about cooking beyond cookbooks: Sous Chef: 24 Hours on the Line by Michael Gibney
- For those who love non-fiction: What If? Serious Scientific Answers to Absurd Hypothetical Questions by Randall Munroe
That should get you started! It was really, really hard to hold back and not go on and on and on with suggestion after suggestion, because there are so many great books out there – these are just a few of the cream of the crop of this year’s titles. But honestly – books make the best of gifts!
So – what are you waiting for! Get moving! You only have a few days left!