The Baltimore Science Fiction Society, Inc. (BSFS) created the Compton Crook Award in 1982 to honor the best first novel of the year written by an individual author in the Science Fiction/Fantasy/Horror genre. This year, the nominees for the 2016 Compton Crook Award are:
- 5 to 1 by Holly Bodger
- Owl and the Japanese Circus by Kristie Charish
- I Will Love You Forever (Protector Book 1) by Brian Groover
- The Gracekeepers by Kirsty Logan
- The Thorn of Dentonhill: A Novel of Maradaine by Marshall Ryan Maresca
- Beasts of Tabat (The Tabat Quarter) by Cat Rambo
- Flex (‘Mancer) by Ferret Steinmetz
- Enter the Janitor (The Cleaners, Vol. 1) by Josh Vogt
- Updraft by Fran Wilde
The award winner will be announced in May, at Balticon, the four-day annual Maryland regional science fiction convention produced by BSFS.
Congratulations to all the nominees!