- A Brief History of Seven Killings by Marlon James (Jamaica)
- Satin Island by Tom McCarthy (UK)
- The Fishermen by Chigozie Obioma (Nigeria)
- The Year of the Runaways by Sunjeev Sahota (UK)
- A Spool of Blue Thread by Anne Tyler (US)
- A Little Life by Hanya Yanagihara (US)
The Man Booker prize was first awarded in 1969. It is currently open to writers of any nationality, writing originally in English and published in the UK. Each of the shortlisted authors will receive £2,500 (around $3,800) and a specially bound edition of their book, with the winner taking home an additional £50,000 (over $75,000), as well as international bragging rights.
The winner will be announced on Tuesday, October 13 at a black-tie dinner in London. The ceremony also will be broadcast by the BBC.
Congratulations to all the nominees!